Saturday, August 4, 2012

Calculating Daily Fluid Requirements

I was not home on Thursday or Friday to do my regular progress post. Today is Saturday and I decided to at least step on the scale to see if it had moved one direction or the other. I am happy to say it shows another 2lb loss. Which brings my weight to 200 lbs. Still way too much and I still have a long way to go. Progress should be celebrated along the way.

I also actually drank all 8 - 8 ounces of water yesterday. So my marked bottle system from the previous post works. That is for sure more water than I ever drink .  I probably drank another two cups after the bottle was empty. I have two bottles that I made so today I will use both bottles to continue to track that extra water beyond bottle #1 that I drink.
I found this tip on how to calculate your own daily water requirements from My Food Diary
"There are many different methods for calculating daily fluid requirements.  However, a simple equation to help adults figure their fluid needs is that for every pound of body weight, you need about half an ounce of fluid intake per day.  For instance, if you weigh 140 lbs., simply multiply 140 by .5 to estimate your daily fluid needs in ounces, then divide by eight to estimate your fluid needs in cups per day, rounding up to the nearest full cup.  [example:  140 x .5 = 70 ounces; 70 ounces divided by 8 = 9 cups of fluid per day] 0.5 ounces x Body Weight in Pounds = Daily Fluid Requirement in ounces"
  
Here's my own calculation based on my current weight.  
0.5oz x 200 lbs = 100oz divided by 8 = 12.5  That will be a bottle and a half so I will now use both bottles. 


This was also a good article about why water is important for weight loss. 




No comments:

Post a Comment