Thursday, August 2, 2012

Liquid Sucralose

I just ordered four 1oz bottles of liquid Sucralose from this company.  http://www.puresucralose.com/. For years I have been using powdered Splenda and I will still use it for some things. This liquid Sucralose removes the carbs and calories that add up fast when you use a cup or more in a bake goods. The bulking agent that Splenda uses to make it measure the same as sugar is what adds the carbs and calories.

Here's the information the company has listed with the product. "No Calorie Sweetener QUICK SWEET PURE SUCRALOSE What is Sucralose? * Sucralose is the active ingredient in Splenda® sweeteners. * 800 times as sweet as sugar * Zero Calorie * FDA-approved general-purpose sweetener: o Safe For Diabetics o Safe For Entire Family (including children and pregnant women) * Safe for cooking * Can be used anywhere sugar would be used * High concentration * Less aftertaste than other artificial sweeteners * No carriers or bulking agents such as starch, dextrose, or maltodextrin * Powder: o 1 gram = 1.7 lbs. of sugar o 1 oz. = 50 lbs. of sugar * Liquid: o 1 drops = 1 teaspoons of sugar Splenda is not truly “No Calorie” because it typically contains carbohydrate bulking agents. But our sucralose powder and liquid are truly Calorie-free."

For every teaspoon of Splenda I use I generally count 1 carb per teaspoon. One drop of liquid equals 1 teaspoon and I no longer have to add a carb to my day. I'm pretty excited for this product to arrive, its only coming from San Diago so it should arrive early next week.  

My mom and I will split the 4 bottles and I am excited that she has decided follow a low carb lifestyle. So be watching for new and revised recipes using this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment