Saturday, July 7, 2012

Nutty Cracker like Pizza Crust

Press and roll dough into shape to cover pan

Bake at 350 for 20 min til golden.
So I am in search of the perfect pizza crust. This one was very cracker like and you could pick up the pizza - which was nice.  So it was not a disaster but it was not a we can't wait till you make it again fabulous. Good if you like a thin crispy crust.

I might use it for crackers or as nachos.

Beat 4 eggs with 4 T of olive oil. 
Add 4 cups flour sub mix ( I use flax flour, almond flour, ground coconut, 
and fine power like coconut flour) 
1/4 cup of water if needed to make dough come together. 
 Once the dough was mixed I pressed and rolled it into the pans. 
I baked it at 350 for 20 min or till golden brown. 



Now the topping was a hit. I'm sure more traditional pizza toppings would be fine. This is just what sounded good to me tonight.
I mixed 1 cup of ricotta cheese with 
1 package of cream cheese.
I added salt, pepper, garlic powder and chopped cilantro to taste. ( a pinch of this and that)
Spread that mixture over your cooked dough. 
Top with chopped chicken or turkey. 
Cover with shredded cheese. 
Spread with ricotta cream cheese mix.

Cover with meat and cheese

Put back in the oven just till the cheese melts.

I then made a quick salad  - and dressed it with a olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing ours always has a spoon full of splenda, salt, garlic powder. Basic Italian dressings.

When the pizza came out it was brought to the table and topped with the tossed salad. I drizzled mine with a bit more dressing.

Salad topped Pizza 


No comments:

Post a Comment