Friday, July 6, 2012

Progress Report #2

One of Rachels recipe idea's to try
It has been an interesting week with the 4th of July Holiday in the middle of it. We spent the holiday at my moms and I stuck to my plan but ate way too much. I did not know we would be going till the last minute so I did not have any time to prepare snacks and treats. My mom is a wonderful cook and is always great about serving things that work for me.  So I probably ate too much protein and veggis. My thinking was that if I kept my self full I would not be tempted to cheat on the many high carb foods the rest of the family was indulging in. I spent some time looking through my moms Rachael Ray magazines, and through the food pages on Penterest.  You might want to check out my low carb Penterest board. I found lots of good ideas, some will need some modification. As I get a chance I will post my versions of some of those ideas.

We left my moms Thursday morning after breakfast and I did not feel like eating the rest of the day. Even today I am not at all hungry. The thing with protein is that it take much longer to digest.


So heres the  basics of my fresh food list. 

Protein Foods: Any meat or eggs. Fish, chicken, pork, beef, (deli meats - read the labels carefully often they have hidden sugars.) Beans - I stick to black or white soy beans.

Lower Carb Vegetables include: Mushrooms, celery, radishes, asparagus, broccoli, eggplant, bell pepper, artichokes, lettuce, cucumber, green beans, spinach, collard greens, cauliflower, cabbage, zucchini, yellow squash, spagetti squash, snap peas. Medium Carb that I am using very sparingly if at all at his point are:  sweet potatoes, pumpkins, sweet onions.

Lowest Carb Fruits: Raspberries, cranberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, cantaloupe, honeydew, rhubarb, lemons, limes, tomatoes, coconut. Medium Carb: peaches, apples, nectarines, kiwis, figs.  From the rest of the high carb Fruits I did have a little bit of watermelon and some cherries.


Lowest Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, macadamias, pine nuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, peanuts, lentils chickpeas, soybeans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds


There are whole grains that I will add back in but at this point I am using flax, coconut, and almond or soy for flour substitutes. I do have some quinoa that I will use

Dairy: heavy cream, half and half, cream cheese, cheeses, butter, ricotta cheese, sour cream, (cottage cheese sparingly)

My Pantry List includes: Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, bay leaves, cayenne pepper, oregano, poultry seasoning, Italian seasoning, paprika, chili powder, fresh herbs,  ground cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, olive oil, vegetable oil, sesame oil, Pero, balsamic vinegar, white vinegar, cider vinegar, wine vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, yellow mustard, Splenda, unsweetened almond milk, baking soda, baking powder, unsweetened baking chocolate, unsweetened cocco

So as you can see its quite a large pallet to work from. Anyway for great recipes using low carb ingredients check out http://www.stellastyle.com/ George has wonderful recipe books. I have them all except the newest one at this point. They are a tremendous resource. There are also wonderful recipes posted by site members. The best part is there is no membership fees, or special products that you need to buy to live this way. Just stick to the outside edges of your grocery store for most everything you will need.


Bad Stuff - Not on the list: White Sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, white flour, white or red potatoes, trans fats, partially hydrogenated oil. Pasta, bread, processed foods.

Optional Cuts: diet soda and coffee. I seem to do better when I get off the caffeine.

This is not everything for the rest I check my handy references books to check out the carbs per serving and I read labels and make the lowest choices.

So here are my stats for this week - I'm pretty excited about having lost 8 pounds this week even with a holiday.

Starting Point  6/21          Week #1 6/28            Week #2 7/7   
Starting weight 215                    210                           202
Bust 40 inches                           same                        same
Stomach 41inches                        40                           39
Hips 46 inches                             44                          same
Thigh 24 inches                         same                        same
Calf 17 inches                            same                          16
Arm 15 inches                           same                           14
                                               Total Losses           Total Losses                                                   
                                                  5 lbs lost               13 lbs lost                                                
                                                3 inches lost             6 inches
                                                                                                           
                                              Lost last week        Lost This Week
                                                       5 lbs lost                8 lbs lost                                                    
                                                    3 inches lost            3 inches lost

No comments:

Post a Comment