Friday, July 13, 2012

Progress Report #3 Water Issues

So I am committed to sharing the journey
not just the victory weeks.

This week's results are not what I was hoping for but the only major change I see is that I've been out in the heat and did not drink nearly enough water. So it seems my body has gone in to water conservation mode. Grrrrr

On my to do list: More water




Starting Point  6/21          Week #1 6/28            Week #2 7/7    Week#2 7/13
Starting weight 215                    210                           202                  205
Bust 40 inches                           same                        same                 same
Stomach 41inches                        40                           39                     37
Hips 46 inches                             44                          same                  42
Thigh 24 inches                         same                        same                 same
Calf 17 inches                            same                          16                   17
Arm 15 inches                           same                           14                  same
                                               Total Losses           Total Losses       Total Losses                                   
                                                  5 lbs lost               13 lbs lost               10 lbs                                
                                                3 inches lost             6 inches                 8 inches
                                                                                                           
                                              Lost last week        Lost This Week         This week
                                                       5 lbs lost                8 lbs lost                Up 3 lbs                             
                                                    3 inches lost            3 inches lost           3 inch lost

So this week I have been out side in the heat everyday working at Vacation Bible School. I did drink water but probably not enough water. I have eaten clean all week the scale and the tape measure were not so kind today. This is not cause to give up, thankfully I already know this part.
I'm going to say that very likely this being the first really hot week that I've been out in that I am likely retaining water.

I did drink more water and less of the crystal lite stuff. I've not been hungry which is good. I've not been tempted to go cheat on high carb foods.  I can't say that I've gone over board in any area.
So this week we will remember it is a journey and there are weeks where the scale and the tape mesure don't move or don't go the direction we want. My self worth is not measured by a tape measure or scale.

Here's a good article on water retention tp://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=experts-body-wieght-ambient-temperature

This was also a nice pdf I found on the subject: www.k-clements.fsnet.co.uk/Fluid%20Retention.pdf

I thought this quote from the pdf article was interesting.
  • Dehydration. If not enough water is taken in, the body cells attract fluid into themselves and when replete build up an impermeable outer wall to protect themselves from further fluid loss. Where there is not enough water circulating in the system, hormonal reactions trigger the storage of even more fluid in the body tissues, particularly the fatty tissues, causing further water retention
In all likelihood I have not drank enough water. In this heat and knowing that I have been prone to retain water in the heat in the past - I'm going to just keep on, keepin on and we'll wait and see how next week goes. 

I'm off to drink some water. 


No comments:

Post a Comment