Friday, July 20, 2012

Progress Report #4

 I saw this funny cartoon on Pentrest and pulled it to include in my blog post.
I'd love to tell you that I have seen significant losses this week. Its all pretty much the same as last week. I have stuck to my plan, I have not indulged in even much in the way of legal treat kind of foods this week. I have drank more water and very little of other drinks. Not all victories can be measured by a scale or a tape measure. It has been that time of the month and that is a good week to stay away from the scale.




Quite often this is the point where people throw in the towel and start to moan that this is not working and go back to the old ways which over years have proven themselves to not work. They are those familiar comfort foods that call to us when our self worth sags ever lower because we have tied our self worth to our performance and other opinions.  I just started reading the book The Search fro Significane. I expect it will kick my butt in some areas.

Here is another victory. I've had a lot of my support systems shift or change or vanish in to thin air in recent weeks. I have felt very emotionally unstable but I have not turned to food to fill those now empty places. I am working to get used to my new normal, it is uncomfortable and at times discouraging because I find myself outside my old comfort zone. I know it will get better as time progresses and I get more familiar with how to cope and even thrive as a result.

I was reading a post about some of the reasons we hit stalls along the way. Sometimes is is just our body adjusting to the changes.

Another thing much like the water issue last week. If you don't drink enough your body hords what it has. The same is true of not eating enough. I may have been guilty of that this week. Not that I have been trying to be restrictive,  its been hot and I just have not been hungry. I may have alos been taking too much vitamin D. Too much and you don't feel hungry or even slightly nauseous.  We have sun again and I probably don't need as much as I do when its grey and gloomy here. So I've adjusted that about mid week and actually started feeling hungry again.

So check out this quote. "3. Undereating - Most of us choose to follow a low carb WOE after unsuccessful attempts to reduce with the standard lowFAT, calorie-restricted mythologies. It's difficult to grasp the idea of a "diet" that instructs you to EAT when we are so used to restricting, cutting back and denying hunger. Avoid the tempatation to eat less, thinking that this will boost your efforts and speed up the process. In fact, undereating is one of the surest ways to stall your efforts and bring your weight loss to a grinding HALT. When you go for more than 4 or 5 hours without eating, your body interprets this as a fast, and will adapt very quickly by slowing down your metabolism and conserving your stored energy, ie. your fat. This is exactly what you DON'T want! 

So I probably need to set myself up for next week with grab and go foods that I can eat about every three hours even if I'm not really hungry.  


I'll try to post some of what I come up with. Anyway this was a good article that I read with a lot of good helpful tips http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips008.html

Remember your self worth is not defined by what the scale or the tape measure say your performance was. Nor is it based upon what others think or you think others think of you. 

Titus 3 "For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another. But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

I am approaching this journey from a Christian perspective. So that will come out in my writing here.  If you are wanting more spiritual support and encouragement I invite you to visit my devotional blog. http://devotionals-margot.blogspot.com/

Matthew 11:28-30  Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

 


No comments:

Post a Comment