Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chocolate Dipped Strawberries

 My family was going to have s'mores this weekend and I knew I needed to make a treat that I could enjoy and not feel I was missing out. So I decided to make chocolate dipped strawberries.

I used 5 squares of unsweetened bakers chocolate.
1/2 a package of cream cheese
1/2 cup of Almond Breeze
and a 1/2c to a cup of splenda
Strawberries that had been washed and patted dry.
We cut the tops off of ours they would be fine with them left on as well.






In my make shift double boiler I melted the chocolate and cream cheese.  Don't let the water boil too fast and splash into the chocolate. Water and chocolate don't like each other.

When they were melted I added the almond milk till creamy and dip able. Then I added the spenda last before bringing it to the table where we dipped the strawberries.
 This chocolate did not harden as fast probably because of the almond milk. I could have put them briefly in the freezer but it was full and no one here cared.

We dipped them and then laid them on wax paper before sticking them with tooth picks and adding them to the serving tray.

They were a hit and my oldest son had eaten half the plate before I had to growl at him and remind him these were my treats he had other things he could eat.

 I think I ate 6 or so it was far better than the alternative.

I know to make this work for me I have to have things that are treats for me. Its not something that I would eat every day but with in a day that I have stayed on track they are a nice bonus.


I had about half of the chocolate that I put in a container and froze for some future treat.



I did not figure the exact carbs. I know that one large strawberry is roughly 1 carb
So I am estimating no more than 2 - 3 carbs each with the chocolate dip. Not too bad for a special treat with family and friends.

I've been sticking to mostly meat protein and eggs, some green salad, I have switched from coffee to Postum and I have had crystal lite rather than soda. Mostly drinking water.

All in all I am feeling pretty good for day five. I have had only one day of headaches and none of the carb flu symptoms.  Oh and I have not been obsessing over the scale. I will weigh and measure on Thursday and post those results.
Oh and I am writing this post a day ahead.




No comments:

Post a Comment