Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Life As Art - Getting Back On Track


Yikes 
Starting Again Today 6/21/2012

Its only been a 10 month detour. I was going to get right back on track after I got home from vacation last August.  (I'll try to keep that in mind when I'm ready to quit and give in to temptation.) Uggh as my husband comes in the room bearing ice cream. I respond no thank you.

I know I do better when I set up things like this blog that will help keep me accountable because I know others are watching. You are welcome to follow or not. I will post progress reports like this one. Some will have  recipes, tips, thoughts on the things I am facing and figuring out ways to over come.

I guess I got up this morning and knew it was time to get back on track.
I never know when that day will be but something in me clicks and suddenly have the desire, the will, the what ever to know its time and I can do this now. I can know I need to get to that point for quite a while but until I hit that point it is a recipe for failure cause I won't stick to my program. I've done this enough times. I think sometimes its a matter of having the space in my brain to deal with it. I've had a few commitments come to an end.

So I have never yet in all my years made it to my goal weight. I know there have been a lot of things that created oscillating structures. I think I have them under control at this point. Emotional baggage and defense mechanisms that only allowed me to get so close before they kicked in and sent me back the other direction yet again. I've spent a lot of the last year dealing with that kind of stuff. So hopefully I can set up an advancing structure that can hold the mental image of where I want to go along side where I am currently. It creates a kind of tension that moves you towards your desired destination. I use this in creating art all the time. I can see the finished project in my mind and little by little I make my way to it. So this is my life as art.

So today I have had coffee, with milk and spenda,
Chicken Strips for breakfast and lunch
Talapia and Salad for dinner.
I've been drinking water.

Currently wearing size 18 pants
The shirt in the photo is a large presently extra large looks better.

Starting weight 215
Bust 40 inches
Stomach 41inches
Hips 46 inches
Thigh 24 inches
Calf 17 inches
Arm 15 inches

Goal 130 - 150 seems like a good target. Seems like I have it about right according to this ideal weight calculator that says 159 http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm

Note to self - remember to take vitamins tonight - oops - I've let that slip too.

I was reading an older post I'd written called How I Get Back On Track.
It seemed like good things to remember. So I thought I would re post it here.

I have been doing this low carb way of life for nearly 15 years. Some years have been better than others. I have have learned how to quickly get back on track. When I first started I used the Atkins induction rules any more my getting back on track rules are very simple.
1. Eat protein when you are hungry (as much as you want)
2. Drink lots of water (more than you want)
3. Weigh and measure yourself - begin a journal write down what goes in your mouth.
4. Expect to feel lousy for 2-5 days. (try to pick a window that not too much is expected of you)
5. Expect to feel great soon. (make a list of things you want to do because you will have more energy than you know what to do with)
6. Start looking at low carb recipes that you want to try. Get inspired and have some meals you are looking forward too once you are off this little protein fast.
7. Keep every thing simple. Read articles or books or blogs, or forums on low carbing. It helps to know you are not the only one facing the various struggles you will encounter. I follow the Stellastyle plan once I am past the first week. www.stellastyle.com
8. Remember it is a journey so enjoy it.

Ps - I am not a doctor and I am simply sharing what I have found to work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment