Saturday, June 23, 2012

Steak Strips


I found some steaks in the quick sale bin at the grocery store.

I cut them into strips about as thick as my finger.
I cooked them in a little olive oil. Sprinkled them with a little garlic and low sodium soy sauce.

They are nice to have on hand for when you just need to eat something but don't want to mess with cooking. I like them cold or hot.

They work well to take for lunch on the run or pre-cooked them for camping or road trips.

They are nice warmed up and over a bed of lettuce with a little shredded cheddar cheese and a tiny bit of ranch dressing. (Be sure to read your label and know and remember to use condiments sparingly. Its easy to think you are only using a carbs worth of dressing when you are actually pouring on 6! Its a good idea to measure.)

No comments:

Post a Comment