Sunday, June 24, 2012

Strawberry Smoothy

 Today the strawberries looked too good to pass up.
I'm thinking they will make a nice treat. Berries a good low carb option in moderation. They are high in fiber and antioxidants. A cup of strawberries cut in half is only 9 net carbs (subtract off the fiber)

I took my strawberries and roughly bagged them by the cup. Then I put them in freezer bags and tossed them in the freezer.

I was thinking they would make a nice icy smoothy that would be a great treat for a hot summer afternoon.

It was a nice treat.



 In my blender I put about 4-5 strawberries. About half of my bag that I had put in the freezer. So I would guess about a half a cup. I tossed in 3 ice cubes and when it would not blend nicely I added a 1/4 of a cup of unsweetened almond milk which lists being 1 carb per cup and there is 1 fiber so in my book that 1/4 of a cup adds 0 to my carb count.
I did add a tablespoon of splenda after tasting it and thinking it could be a bit sweeter.


 It did not make a big amount but it was easy, and refreshing.
We'll call it 5 carbs to be on the safe side.

I might get a bag of crushed ice - my blender is a bit whimpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment